Irene Zelterman, our Founder and Executive Director, is an expert in palliative care and end-of-life issues. She has received extensive training and has years of experience in this field. Irene's experience and training as a psychotherapist enables her to understand and work with older adults and other family members who are facing end-of-life issues. She has volunteered as a co-facilitator of a support group for care givers. Irene has presented at workshops and schools including Brooklyn Law School, New York University and City University of New York. Using her expertise as a geriatric care manager Irene established The Hearthside Group. The Hearthside Group provides executive level consultation for older adults who understand that decisions they make now will impact their ability to stay independent in their later years.
- Certified Advanced Social Work Case Manager (C-ASWCM) awarded by the National Association of Social Workers
- New York State Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Experienced Care Manager since 1996 and a member of the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers
- Earned masters degree (MSW) 1985 from Hunter College School of Social Work
- Certificate from New York Society for Clinical Social Work in Comprehensive Training Program in Palliative and End-Of-Life care: Working with Chronically and Terminally Ill Patents
- Attends NYU Post Masters Certificate Program in Palliative and End of Life Care
- Trained by the New York City Bar Association as a court evaluator and guardian
- Experienced psychotherapist and member of the New York State Society for Clinical Social Work
- Graduate of New York University, Bachelors of Arts, double major English and Metropolitan Studies.